How to Protect Social Media Profiles?
|Submitted on: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 00:04:12||Views: 396|
Your personal information on social networking sites must be secured not because of privacy but to prevent it from identity theft. Using social networking sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter is so fun but we are unaware of the insecurities walking with them and provide all our personal information carelessly. This may result in great personal, professional and financial losses as it becomes easier for the hackers to get your information easily. Therefore, privacy on social networks is an essential requirement for every online user.
Social media has become a part of our culture and spread all over the world. As social networking is gaining popularity among every user, it is also becoming a hunting ground for the hackers. Hackers are finding many creative ways to swindle you and are using various tricks to create dangers of Facebook. It is important to take proper precautions to protect your privacy on Facebook and keep your profile secured.
To protect your privacy on social networks you should trail some of the guidelines described below which would help you to keep away these online exploiters to perform the unfair activities with your personal information: -
1. Always use a strong password made up of 10 characters and should consist of letters, numbers and symbols as it becomes tougher for the hackers to trace your password. You should never use your name or any personal information as your password since it becomes easier to guess. Make sure you use different password for different sites so that rest of the sites remain safe if any of the passwords is being revealed.
2. You should never provide information like phone number, pin code, residential address or credit card information to your social networking account. Be smart enough to provide limited information to all these easily available sites.
3. Never accept friend requests from the strangers as you never know the person you are adding to your profile may bring danger to your social life.
4. You should never update your daily activities especially if it is related to some financial information since it gives a chance for the hackers to misuse your information and may put you in financial trouble.
5. If you receive any mails or links from others, be selective to open it since you know that sender and trust him/her. If you doubt about its authenticity you can email the sender and can confirm about the link.
Now you can surely come out of the dangers of Facebook. Even if you are in trap of online thefts, you can directly contact some of the websites, which can provide online management tools to fight against online identity thefts and can save your social network privacy.
Get instant privacy alerts whenever your social network privacy is at risk, privacy protection in real time with MyID. Just enroll with MyID and enjoy online privacy protection and peace of mind. Learn how to protect privacy on facebook. Visit http://www.myid.com/ for more info.
» Latest news on : Software
» Google News for: How to Protect Social Media Profiles?
Lates tweets about Internet / Software
From @IMSTechHQ on Fri Sep 25 13:31:00 EDT 2020|
Come work with us! We're hiring both Senior Software Developer, #Android and #iOS who will work to design and build… https://t.co/4HLXm50SQF
From @panasko81 on Fri Sep 25 13:30:59 EDT 2020
@metar_drva Kakav je to software bio, eeee
From @adrianna_mdz on Fri Sep 25 13:30:57 EDT 2020
@BenTipit @IArreses @block_one_ I agree, the entire ecosystem and software has progressed quickly. It’s only going faster too🚀
From @martybird on Fri Sep 25 13:30:56 EDT 2020
RT @LeafSoftware: Custom Software Solutions for your business. Schedule an appointment and learn more: https://t.co/uMFoJQdYFo
From @HeelanPride on Fri Sep 25 13:30:56 EDT 2020
RT @BishopHeelanSch: You can help Heelan students with textbooks at Siouxland Big Give today thru Oct. 6. We have more tech and software fo…
From @vorbeischauer on Fri Sep 25 13:30:55 EDT 2020
RT @GreifTh: @chasing_evil @KaiDrabe @rainmakerLegacy @dtabors
Greedy Manth and incompetent Board with expensive Chairman#Krautscheid drove…
From @CorelisJTAG on Fri Sep 25 13:30:52 EDT 2020
Efficiency in engineering means managing your most precious resources: time and effort. Automated testing is essent… https://t.co/aB5VbZqbmj
From @MrsTad on Fri Sep 25 13:30:49 EDT 2020
'the software identified many more potential molecules that could have developed under these conditions but —… https://t.co/GojhrBaEGA
From @JohnJahbless on Fri Sep 25 13:30:48 EDT 2020
Victory Lap - 110 days of coding
Woohoo! I earned a new #100DaysOfCode milestone via @software_hq's #vscode extens… https://t.co/f4NnfS3EhK
From @KarlMinx on Fri Sep 25 13:30:47 EDT 2020
RT @LLW902: parisians' jobs are "race science software inventor" or "garbage man who fights cops" zero in between
Copyright © 2008 - 2011 VIC Consulting - WEB Development, website promotion & SEO services
Autos neuves et usagées |
Ottawa used cars, furniture & real estate |
Toronto Internet Software